The ESSC offers advising and consultation on the following topics:
- Pre-major Success Pathways: remedial, Math 19/30P students, change of major for Undeclared freshmen
- Lower division pathways: AP credit, graduation requirements, lower division plans
- Transfer credit
- University policies: general education, grade forgiveness, leave of absence, late drop/withdrawal, former students returning, reinstatement/readmission
- Online tools: degree audit and what-if reports, unofficial transcripts, helpful websites and resources, Career Center resources
- Undergraduate Career Advising: help with resume, internship or job search with a Career Center Advisor.
Continuing engineering majors should see their Major Advisor.
For general advising questions, or questions on which advisor to see, please contact the ESSC Front Desk.
ESSC Front Desk
All appointments held in ENG 344, unless otherwise noted.
- Go to https://sjsu.campus.eab.com
- From your student homepage, select the blue "Get Advising" button on the right sidebar.
- Follow the prompts and select the reasons for your appointment.
- Choose a location for the appointment (if applicable).
- Choose a specific advisor, if needed, or leave blank for any advisor.
- Choose a date and time that works for you, or view the walk-in hours if there are no slots available. Please note that appointments must be made at least six (6) hours ahead of time.
- Verify the who, what, when, where, and why, add comments, then confirm the appointment.
- The appointment is now on your Spartan Connect Calendar (left sidebar, calendar icon).
Missing two appointments blocks you from scheduling further appointments.
Please note that appointments must be made at least six (6) hours ahead of time.
Forms you may need for your appointment can be found on the College of Engineering website, under Student Success - Academic Help - Academic forms - Undergraduate Forms.