The College of Engineering Transfer Equivalency process has been redesigned and is fully online.
The petition is now completed digitally, entering information and uploading documents, through DocuSign.
This petition applies only to courses not articulated. If a course is not listed in your transfer credit correctly, come to the ESSC first.
- You must verify the transfer course does not have an articulation with SJSU on Assist.org or TES.
- You must have a digital copy of the syllabus for the transfer course from the term and year you took the course.
- You must have a digital copy of your transcript (unofficial is acceptable) that shows the grade and units earned for the transfer course.
- You must be currently enrolled at SJSU within the College of Engineering.
- It is reccomended you see your major advisor to discuss transfer courses prior to submitting a petition.
- The syllabus should have, at the very least: term and year, course description or outline, learning outcomes (or similar). The syllabus ususally includes textbooks used and topics covered.
- The syllabus should be more than just general course information. It needs to be something an evaluator can use to effectively compare the transfer course content to the SJSU course content.
- The transcript should clearly show the institution, your name, the transfer courses used for this petition and the term, year, grade, and units awarded.
- If you are petitioning for a series of courses (Calculus, Physics, etc.), please visit the ESSC for more information.
- If you require space for more than three courses, or are petitioning for Physics or Calculus series courses, please come to the ESSC for assistance.
- The petition is digital-only. Paper forms and documents will not be accepted
- If you are petitioning for a course that also covers a GE Area (Engr 10, for example), the petition will not grant GE credit! See an ESSC Advisor for more details.
- New petitions using the old versions of the Transfer Equivalency Form are no longer being accepted. Any previously evaluated forms are still valid.
- If you have a case that is not accommodated by the petition here, please visit the ESSC.
- The typical processing time for a petition is about 2-3 weeks. Decisions will be emailed to the address provided in the form. If you've received no results after 2-3 weeks, please inquire.
To begin the Transfer Equivalency process, please enter your full name and SJSU email address into the form below:
We have created a quick-start guide for submitting petitions.
Department Administrative Coordinators
We have created a quick-start guide for routing petitions.
Department Evaluators and Course Coordinators
We have created a quick-start guide for evaluating petitions.
Revision 2.1.09 - First Release on DocuSign
- Evaluator notes pre-populated.